2.05.2011

Thoughts on an Average Runner

Here's another creative post. I've been so busy, it's bizarre for me to be so busy. So, enjoy this! I'll post again when I can!


I bound across the rubber race track, feeling light as a feather and invincible. Exhaustion crawls up from the pit of my stomach, it slowly inches up until I couldn't breath. The breaths just kept coming slower and slower, more painful than the last. I reassure myself that I have done this millions of times before, but is that enough this time? I keep bounding around the track, just one more lap...or is it two? Everything around me gets darker the edges first, slowly creeping to the center of my vision. Panic sets in, a million scenarios play in my head about how this race could end. I try to shake this feeling but it clenches it's claws deeper with every stride. I want to win this, but do I have what it takes? Do I have the strength to carry myself over the finish line? What more do I need to push myself? Then I remember what I haven't done for the past 5 seconds. Breath. In and out. It's a fluid motion, in and out, in and out. Everything becomes normal again, my vision is better, the panic is gone. With the next blink, I see the finish line and in deed, I do have what it takes.

~m

No comments: