1.29.2011

Temptations

Now that I look back, I realize that we never really matched. We never had anything 'in common'. We always made each other think we did. We wanted to be together, but we made things up and used pointless lies to win each other over. I know now, that it was never worth the trouble. It was never worth the chasing back and forth like 8 year olds on a playground. I regret every text, every smile, and flirtatious move. Why did I push myself so much to get you to like me? Why did I ever waste my time? Why did you waste your time? I don't think I will ever find the answer to that, and if I do, I'll be sure to not let you know. Why? You are just going to try to win my affection over again. With your sly smile and your dark eyes, I know the hideous plan behind every fleeting glance. That one time I let you in? Don't ever expect that to happen. Wasting my time on you was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Don't deceive me into doing that again, because this time I won't make up excuses and convince myself that we were 'meant to be', that's just another pointless lie. Another lie that I won't fall for, another lie that I won't believe.

No comments: