4.29.2010

This one is for Skylar...

Skylar Nock...she was an 18 year old. She had just had her birthday...on April 18. She was a junior at Middle College High school. She was the only child of Brian and Janet Nock, she was adopted. I first met her when I was in 6th grade and she was in 8th. She was an amazing person, full of life. She had a great personality and lots of friends. Two days ago, April 27, she made a permanent decision. A decision that would change not only her life, but the lives of everyone around her. She chose to take her own life. Whether or not those reasons were worth it or not, no one will ever know. Right now she is closer to Jesus than anyone I know right now. She is in a better place. She isn't suffering, being teased or tormented. What drove her over the edge, probably is not my business. Why she chose to end her life by jumping off that bridge won't be known to anyone except her and God. What truly matters now, is that she is with her savior. The thoughts that were going through her head before she jumped and as she jumped are unimaginable.

Skylar, your friends, and family miss you SO much. We will remember you for who you were and still are; not how you died. {Psalm 32:4 and Revelations 21:4}

*RIP SKYLAR NOCK*
~4-18-1992 until 4-27-2010~

[I am not willed to understand. What God has willed , what God has planned. I only know at his right hand. Stands one who is my savior]

[Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you perfect love is casting out fear. Even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life. I won't turn back, I know you are near. I will fear no evil, for my God is with me. What then shall I fear?]
-You Never Let Go
~Matt Redman

My heart was heavy when I wrote that last night...(Skylar is pictured below in the blue, strapless dress.)

Skylar, you are so terribly missed.

-maggie

No comments: