5.06.2010

Natural Disasters, EOC's, Summeritis, and Senior Pranks...

Well...this past week has been INSANE! to the maxxx! I can't believe all what has happened!


Well...Last Friday was Sky's funeral...sad...so many people there. She had such a life to live! She had so many friends and family there for her...but there's a reason she is not here anymore. God has a BIGGER and BETTER plan for her in heaven! I am so excited for that! The place was packed, me and my mom had to stand outside...it was pretty crazy. There were so many guys there crying, it was definitely a reality check. Her funeral was beautiful....I still can't believe she's gone...it goes with the saying "You never know what you got until it's gone," so true. Sometimes I wish it wasn't true though. 


Friday afternoon, me and amy went to Pinkerton(tinkerbell park) park, Sweet CeCe's, and Open Mic at FHS. Wow...the best performance I have ever been too! The talent there was incredible! I'm glad we got to go to tinkerbell park before it was underwater.


So...starting on Saturday morning around 8AM, there so happened to be a MONSOON! A real life, freaking monsoon! It rained and rained and rained all day Saturday, and most of the day Sunday. All of Williamson county, Davidson county, etc was flooded...No one could get anywhere. There were over 1500 water rescues in Tennessee alone! There were about 30 deaths and 3 babies(that i know of) were born in a home or canoe! That's pretty impressive! Sorry, I don't have pictures of the devastation. I didn't have a chance to go outside in the pouring rain let alone sacrificing a camera!


On Saturday afternoon(or Sunday, I forget),  my neighbor noticed the water level outside our house was getting pretty high! So, we decided to begin bailing water out of the driveway and throwing it in the street...STUPID idea! My shoulders are still sore from that. We spent a good 4-5 hours repeatedly bailing water! The rain would stop and we could get caught up and then it would start again! Nice...I got several cuts and bruises...I like to call them battle scars(:


Monday was a flood day(never had one before!), so we of course staid home and cleaned up and rested up for school the next day. While several neighborhoods remained underwater they expected them to come to school! What in the world were they thinking!?


Tuesday was a two hour late day. Not many people showed...only about 750 showed up(rough estimate). 


Wednesday, I had my Algebra EOC(End of course) exam. It was easy, and long...
Today, I had my English EOC exam...that one took forever! It was sooo boring.


Wednesday was dgroup night out, we as a group pooled in exactly $100, to give to a family because they lost their home to the flood. They live in Cottonwood, one of the most impacted areas. That and fieldstone farms were highly effected because the Harpeth river runs VERY close to the neighborhoods. Someone also went up to my dgroup leader and gave her $250 to get a Lowe's gift card to give to the same family. They were so thankful!


While we were there, we walked around asking if anyone needed help, of course they did but we did not have gloves to pitch in. It was also after 7PM, so they were about to leave for the day anyways. While I was there, I saw a golden retriever there, who was lost, most likely from another neighborhood and some kind of female dog not sure what breed. She looked like a pit bull. She was scared to death! Poor thing! She was so traumatized from the disaster...she probably almost drowned.


Today, the seniors decided it would be a good day to have the senior prank...well, they spread mulch, baby oil, water and vegetable oil on the stairs, the elevator and the commons area along with the hallways...it was a bit ridiculous! They could have picked a better day for  it though...they should have done something funnier and more original!


Tomorrow, I am going back to Cottonwood to help some more, they need it terribly! I hope my cold gets better, if not, it could turn into pneumonia again! I already have the mucousy cough again like last time...pray I get better soon!


Well, that is all for this post! Go help someone in need if you can, go laugh and laugh with someone(:


~maggie

No comments: