7.22.2012

Well...

It is fairly obvious that I am far too busy to maintain this blog anymore...except to look back on it in 10 years to remember what I did during high school. Even then, this isn't an accurate documentation of my life. Just for fun, I'll update on what I have done in the past 5 months. I have a job, and I like it. I like the people, the work, the hours, and my boss.
I finished my junior year and passed all my classes and exams with a's. I started looking at colleges, and it is scaring the absolute shit out of me. I don't know where I really want to go...I really like UTC for their medical program, the close proximity to home, and the size. I also know who I would room with!! But I truly don't know if it's what I want. I also haven't come across any schools that really have sparked my interest either. I'm just hoping that the obvious decision will be shown to me soon...or I'm in trouble!
Spring break was a change this year. Hannah, mom, AJ, and I went to gulf shores for the week. It was a lot of fun! Then the first week of June, we went as a family to Destin like we do every year. It was relaxing! Then we went on a surprise trip to Disney world the last week of June.
I just got back from Nicaragua for the second time! It was so much better than last year in so many ways. I got to do more things that were passionate to me. Such as handing out food bags to people in need. That is important to me! I even got to meet some special needs kids and their families. That was a really special and incredible experience! I know I will go back there some day, just not next year. I honestly don't know when, but I know I will soon.
In the next two weeks I will be working 76 hours...just thinking about it makes me exhausted. 76 hours in 14 days. That's roughly 5 hours a day. Not to mention that tax free weekend is coming up and I have to work that too! Yikes...
I had my 17th birthday this month. And to be honest, I don't feel any older. The only good thing with turning 17 is that I get a later state curfew...hahaha
I start school August 10th and I am not looking forward to it...I feel like I have wasted my entire summer and it's all starting to catch up to me now. Being a senior is scary to me but I am really excited. I've worked really hard the past 3 years to get where I am now! Both academically and as a person. I am a totally different person than I was 7 months ago. I'm still deciding if it's for the better or worse.
Well that about raps it up for now!
~m

No comments: