1.16.2011

The 5 Love Languages

I remember back about a year ago, when Ashley talked about the 5 love languages. I have been thinking a lot about that lately. The 5 love languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service and Physical Touch. I remember knowing that gifts don't really mean that much to me, and I wanted to take an online quiz or something to find out what my main love language is.

Let me clarify that a love language doesn't necessarily mean a husband/wive, boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. It also includes friends, and family members. A love language is just the way you feel most loved by someone. Or the way you tend to feel more loved.

I took the quiz online, and I scored highest in Quality Time. Which technically means that I like spending time with friends, family or special people. That is when I feel most loved. Which is accurate, because when I an spending time with friends, is when I feel most comfortable.

My second highest was Words of Affirmation, which is when people praise you or compliment you. It is a way to feel loved by what people say. I also believe that is accurate, because I am always self conscious and when I get a compliment, I always hold my head up higher.

My lowest score was Receiving Gifts. I know that is accurate too, because I don't feel that gifts mean that someone cares about you. They could just be getting you a gift because they feel they have to. Gifts are just an object, a material thing. Spending time with someone or compliments are there forever. You can't take them back.

I feel that knowing your love language(s) is a good thing, so you can use that to the best of your ability. Whether it is physical touch or acts of service, knowing the way you feel most loved can come in handy.

This is the website I went to, and took the quiz. It is fairly accurate and doesn't really require any personal information. Take the quiz! Find out what you're love language is!

~m

No comments: